Walt says what I’d be saying if I were even at the “Hey I’m going to ALA” post yet.
See you in Anaheim? Say Hi. Iâ€™m terrible with names and still an introvert, but Iâ€™m almost always approachable and ready to chat. And if I seem to be in a hurryâ€¦thatâ€™s just the way I walk, and shouldnâ€™t carry any deeper meaning.
I’ll be at ALA starting from Friday sometime to Sunday late or Monday sometime. I am pretty much not available for one-on-one hangout mealtime but I really like running into people and finding ways to sort of co-conference.
After cycling off of Council I swore I wouldn’t work at another ALA conference unless someone paid my way. So, I’m presenting on a panel with Louise Alcorn on Saturday and MaintainIT is footing the bill. I’m getting day passes for Saturday and Sunday (blogging a panel then) and not registering for the conference which I can get away with because I’m not technically a librarian and not an ALA member anymore. I anticipate trouble.
Anyhow, here is my schedule. Please say hi if you see me. I’ll have my cell phone on me, ping me if you’d like the number, or it’s on facebook.
– arrive LA, dinner/stay with high school pal
– get to Anaheim somehow [anyone want to give me a ride? late morning?]
– Mover & Shaker lunch maybe (unlikely actually)
– dinner with Macee from MeFi
– my panel, 10:30-12
– MetaFilter meetup
– late night facebook meetup maybe
– ALA Privacy Panel 1-3 Room 201D (I’m blogging, not participating)
– OCLC Blogger thing @ Hilton, Palisades room
– get to LAX (share a shuttle, anyone?) fly home at noon
I’m staying with Louise Alcorn at the Disneyland Hotel, lord help us. Anyone else staying there?