Thanks Darren (and Tara). When you’ve had a blog for a week shy of ten years it’s hard to believe that there is anything that people don’t know about you, but let me give this a shot.
- I lived in Transylvania for a year between my first and second years of library school. I taught basic computer skills to journalists. I speak Romanian, somewhat.
- I got married at a drive-up window in Las Vegas to a man I had never kissed. I am not currently married.
- I won an essay contest in sixth grade and got to read my essay at graduation. It was about age discrimination and how it was, in my opinion, lame. You can see a photo of me at that graduation here. I am in the light blue dress with the brown hair.
- My first pets were a cat named Dante and a dog named Botticelli (photo). I didn’t realize these names were a little odd until I was in high school. I didn’t realize a lot about me and the way I grew up was odd until high school.
- File under brain: I got a 28 on the Autism-Spectrum Quotient test. I count every stair I climb. I don’t know my left from my right. I can add but not subtract.
Tagging in: Linda the Lipstick Librarian, Michael the Library Administrator, Ben the newly minted Washtub Librarian, Jonathan from dystmesis, Dan Chudnov and his One Big Library.
15 thoughts on “5 things you don’t know about me”
wow, those are such cool things to know about you. you, as well as other people and sites, have really inspired me to live a life of librarianship. (i would say have a career in, but thats not the way it is, methinks)
I got an 18 on the spectrum test…
I scored at 27…should I be scared? :)
I also don’t know right from left. I’ve met VERY few other people–and even fewer librarians–who lack that ability.
Yikes! I scored a 29 on that test! Adam scored a 28, which is probably why we’re such a good match (or perhaps the opposite?). Luckily we’re both obsessive/inflexible about different things, so we don’t drive each other totally nuts.
We were also married at the Little White Chapel, 10/1/1999, with just 24 hrs. notice. Didn’t do the drive-by thing though.
You look very cute. It’s the kid next to you who looks scary.
Funny you should mention him. I got in touch with him after a recent high school reunion [I didn’t go but he saw my name on a mailing list an emailed me] and he’s grown up into a really nice interesting guy, despite those awkard beginnings.
hmm…i only scored a 19..i dont put much trust in tests like that because im too good at figuring out what the “correct” answer would be. alas.
Wow — the guy next to ye in the grad photo is pretty freaky. I want that sport jacket.
Response to the tagging…eek
hmm, I scored a 30.
Great list of five things!
Actually, I did know about Transylvania, for some reason.
34. But I take solace in the fact that “many who score above 32 and even meet the diagnostic criteria for mild autism or Asperger’s report no difficulty functioning in their everyday lives.” I ascribe my score to my introversion and basic misanthropy.
I scored a 19
Comments are closed.