I’ve got one more privacy related post, but this is just a few things I’ve seen, noticed and liked. My goal for the summer was to catch up and stay caught up on RSS feeds, either through thinning my list, developing better habits or deciding to only follow friends and family, or only work people. I did a little of all of those and have been caught up for weeks now, even through ALA.
- Quick privacy-related link: why
- Speaking of Google, does anyone feel, like Sarah does, that they punk’d us?
- Ryan Dechamps tries out an EEE PC thinking about its potential use in a public library setting.
- Laura does some thinking out loud about the 2.0 aesthetic and what matters to us versus what matters to our patrons.
- David Lee King talks about Twitter best practices. Some very sensible suggestions for people who are newly starting out with Twitter, the how and the why.
- An older but good post from Lichen about a session she went to at NELA about library-wise IT proficiencies. That is, what proficiencies should we expect all library staff to have?