I like to give talks on the intersection of libraries, technology and politics. Specifically…
- Rural issues such as rural library technology and the digital divide
- Copyright, fair use, and DRM in libraries
- Policy issues such as SOPA, CIPA, privacy, and legislation around social software.
I enjoy public speaking and I’ve been doing it for over a decade nationally and internationally. If you would like me to give a talk, please don’t hesitate to read more about what I do my faq or my resume, or just get in touch with me.
Here are my most recent talks. Previous talks are on the talks archive page. * indicates keynote
- Digital Divide’s Last Mile
- CLA, Pasadena CA November 7, 2015
- Rural internet access “challenges and opportunities”
- Maine ILEAD Conference & Maine State Library, Bangor Maine June 24 & September 24, 2015
- Pecha Kucha talk about Open Library
- Vermont Library Conference, Burlington VT, May 19, 2015
- Attitude: How you bridge the empowerment divide by being more like Vanilla Ice
- Connecticut Library Association, Groton CT, April 27, 2015
- Futureproofing the Library
- MA Library Conference, Sturbridge MA, October 29, 2014
- The Digital Divide and You
- Mississippi Library Conference, Vicksburg MS October 14, 2014
- How Do We Get to the Future?
- Ashfield PL Centennial Celebration, Ashfield MA July 17, 2014
- Why the public library is different from anything else (and maybe better)
- Somerville PL Friends Group, Somerville MA June 25, 2014