I like to give talks on the intersection of libraries, technology and politics. Specifically…
- Rural issues such as rural library technology and the digital divide
- Copyright, fair use, and DRM in libraries
- Policy issues such as SOPA, CIPA, privacy, and legislation around social software.
I enjoy public speaking and I’ve been doing it for over a decade nationally and internationally. If you would like me to give a talk, please don’t hesitate to read more about what I do my faq or my resume, or just get in touch with me.
Here are my most recent talks. Previous talks are on the talks archive page. * indicates keynote
- Digital Readiness: Libraries Easing the Empowerment Divide
- OLA Superconference, Toronto ON, 01feb17
- Social Justice Roles for Libraries and Librarians Bridging the Divide & Speaking Truth to Power
- Toronto Public Library Staff Day, Toronto ON, 31jan17
- Future-proofing the library
- Panhandle Library Access Network, Niceville FL, 27jan17