Note: I am on hiatus for the first part of 2015.
I like to give talks on the intersection of libraries, technology and politics. Specifically…
- Rural issues such as rural library technology and the digital divide
- Copyright, fair use, and DRM in libraries
- Policy issues such as SOPA, CIPA, privacy, and legislation around social software.
I enjoy public speaking and I’ve been doing it for over a decade nationally and internationally. If you would like me to give a talk, please don’t hesitate to read more about what I do my faq or my resume, or just get in touch with me.
Here are my most recent talks. Previous talks are on the talks archive page. * indicates keynote
- Futureproofing the Library
- MA Library Conference, Sturbridge MA, October 29, 2014
- The Digital Divide and You
- Mississippi Library Conference, Vicksburg MS October 14, 2014
- How Do We Get to the Future?
- Ashfield PL Centennial Celebration, Ashfield MA July 17, 2014
- Why the public library is different from anything else (and maybe better)
- Somerville PL Friends Group, Somerville MA June 25, 2014
- Bridging the Digital Divide *
- Lake Superior Library Symposium, Duluth MN, June 06, 2014
- 21st Century Digital Divide *
- Rural Libraries Conference, Mackinac Island MI, April 30, 2014
- Blogs, Bloggers and Blogging
- Lexington Reads, Cary Public Library, Lexington MA, March 22, 2014
- Open, Now – Fair Use and Striking While the Iron is Hot *
- METRO-NY Annual Conference, Manhattan NY, January 15, 2014