Hi. I’m hunkered down with very little Internet this weekend, but I did manage to get some of the bookplates online that I saw at the SFPL exhibit. Be forewarned, some of them are more than a little racy.
- to reach ALA’s dial-by-name feature, press 2
- to place an order for graphics or books, for questions regarding an existing order, or to request a catalog, press 7
- for info about ALA’s 2003 conference, press 4
- for questions regarding journal or magazine subscriptions, press 8
- member or customer service, press 5
- to register for other conferences, press 6
- for information about libraries, or ALA’s programs or activities, press 3
- for all other calls, or if you are calling from the rotary phone, please stay on the line
Pressing 1, adorably, gets you “back” to the menu. Pressing the unlisted 0 will get you to the operator. This is an easter egg, I suppose. Smart readers may clue in to the fact that these numbers are ALL out of order, with the exception perhaps of five and six. Smart readers may also say “Hey wait, isn’t this the voice mail tree for a nationwide association of librarians who are supposed to be the experts in managing and organizing information?” Smart readers probably also joined SLA or ASIS years ago.
Hi. I’m back from my exciting trip to California to make the world a safer place for standardized testing. Feel free to email me if you want details, it’s too off-topic for librarian.net. I’ve got a stack of email to read and trade journals to peruse, feel free to put this site back in heavy rotation and keep those links coming.