What's a CMS? & 2.0 EthicsJessamyn West
- CMS talk slides & notes - PDF , Keynote format, PowerPoint format
- Ethics talk slides & notes - PDF , Keynote format, PowerPoint format
CMS Official Sites
- Wordpress.org/WordPress.com/Wordpress MU
- Joomla (demo & jumpbox)
- Plone & Plinkit
- Try other demos
CMS Unofficial Sites
- Wordpress: wikipedia, Lorelle on WordPress
- Drupal: wikipedia, lullabot, themes, for libraries (slides), library drupalgroup, drupallib
- Joomla: wikipedia, joomlajunkie, Joomla in libraries
- Plone: wikipedia, Plinkit, plone4lib, PLOW
- CMSReport blog
- Open Source CMS award winners
- More demos and videos and etc.
CMS Other Links
- Cats: Outdoor cat enclosure, GeoCities template, PsychoKitty, lookathiscat, Catster
- Best thing
- How a CMS works
- Installing WordPress
- Free Dreamhost account for 501(c)(3)?
- Quote from Comparing CMSes
CMS Neat Library Examples
- SILO from State Library of Iowa (plone)
- MyKLOW from State Library of KS (wordpress)
- Plinkit Collaborative (plone)
- South Carolina State Library (joomla)
- NYPL (drupal)
- Oregon Libraries Network (drupal)
- Vermont Library Association (wordpress)
- Cloud computing: Wikipedia, First Monday article
- What is Web 2.0? Old but very good.
- Wikipedia: list of social software & list of social networking websites
- Intellectual freedom, defined: ALA Intellectual Freedom Q&A
- Privacy policies: Facebook, MySpace, Flickr
- policy sidebar: opt in vs. opt out (facebook knows what you did last summer)
- ALA: guidelines on intellectual freedom and privacy.
- Tools & prvacy implications: OPAC sample policy, email sample policy, IM sample policy, Google toolbar privacy "notice"
- Privacy audits: brief description, privacy audit checklist, what SFPL did, Karen Coyle's presentations, ALA tools including sample policies
- Recombining data leads to things we may not have thought of: AOL mess, pdf about tracking conflict of interest
- Three examples: Google Buzz, PleaseRobMe, Guys with iPhones (link is NOT SAFE FOR WORK)
- Laws: constitution - privacy expectation (more), COPPA (more) - minors, HIPAA, state library privacy laws
- Three types of data: personal (PII), relational/transactional, behavioral (more)
- Organizations: EPIC, PRC, Stanford CIS privacy category
Jessamyn West is a community technology librarian in Vermont and the editor of the weblog librarian.net. She teaches email classes for seniors, builds tiny websites for tiny libraries and advocates for sensible technology use for everyone. IM her at iamthebestartist.