- Cognotes asks librarians: Do librarians suck, like Dr. Laura says?
- Slimy, furry, distinctly icky books. The attack of the awful
- Perhaps you need a more graphic
introduction to the ravages of fungi and bookworms?
- No racist gear, sez Toledo
- My favorite book is Pinkwater's
Alan Mendelsohn, Boy From Mars. Anyone who
tells you that their
favorite book is Moby Dick is lying.
- ALA investments must be in line with ALA policies? Absurd!
- A Barcalounger or I won't sign autographs: tips on getting
authors to come to your library.
- "Oh Say, Can We See? And See Also." trying to make
- Austin librarians say we don't want to help complete idiots find porno
any more, please
let them read the book.
- Shel Silverstein dies, yet people still read his
books. I heard the same was true for Walt Whitman...
- Don't know HTML? Don't want to learn? Then the Librarian's Homepage
Creator is for you.
- How would you hide
a bomb in your library? Disguise it as LCSH of
- Howard Zinn? I loved that movie! Miscommunication in
- Is freelance librarian an
- Did I mention there is a new poll ... What do
you think about ALA?
- School librarian finds missing dogs thanks to pet psychic."She appears
firmly attached to reality despite having spent 20 years reading
make-believe to children as a school librarian"
- librarian.net tops 20,000
hits in two months!
- Two words: robot
- More dejanews fun: while the dark
angel librarian may be able to weaken resolve, can she also
- Sandy Berman wins Sandy Berman
- If I already had a map, I wouldn't need to find
map library now
- Fake Dreams: sex in
- The freakily named ƒ ¡ ® s † - m ¤
d @ ¥ has a good article on managing information
in the fast lane, including discussion of the chameleon librarian
- How does your public library rate?
- Check out Chapter 7 of this book for "anthropological studies of
- Radical librarian Fay Aptheker,
- New Hawaii state librarian signs contract,
- Librarian calls
teacher wetback. "This was not a racial incident" says
Mr. Jackson with the nebulous title School Improvement Leader.
- So your library wants a web site. Good
questions to consider from Marylaine Block.
- More obnoxious stereotyping from the BBC: "If anyone cannot hear the
merits of Jimi Hendrix's music
then what on earth are they doing in a job writing about
music. They should go and be
- Is your library Y2K compatible? An
- More at Library
Juice's Y2K page.
- And what's at y2klibrary.com?
- Geez, the Internet is so
complicated, I don't know why we even bother
- On the simpler side -- story hour for
Librarian.net is taking a one week vacation while I go crew for the
ride. In the meantime, you can take the
check out some links or just send me some
- A day of domain
surfing. These domains are taken, don't even try:
hornylibrarian.com, imalibrarian.com, idiotlibrary.com, godslibrary.com.
However, none of them are currently hosted, so once they make domain
- You know how there are some patrons that just make you
This is my vote for Cool
Library of the Week. I'm amazed that the hot titles page doesn't
have Amazon links all over it. Nice job.
- WA State stats!
- Is Washington the only state you can't get library statistics
discusses Giuliani's proposed funding cuts for libraries: "If he
bit the head off a live rat, maybe our
mayor could have done something a little
more disgusting this month"
discussion on children's access to "adult" material in
libraries from the Christian Science Monitor
- Damn! The Carl B. Ylvisaker Library won cool library of the
- New poll on intellectual freedom, this one will be
up for two weeks because I will be on
- I dare you to flash in the library
[xxx site, click on "current dare"]
- In the you-scratch-my-back-I'll-link-yours category, sensational
librarian resource [with cat-heavy graphics] AcqWEB has
started a weblog!
- Ummmm, what is a weblog.