- cheap or expensive?
- same network or different network?
- open or closed?
- password? authentication? what sort?
- laptop lending: yes/no? [CIPA]
- configuration help yes/no? how much?
- internet use policy? sign off on terms of service?
Wifi web pages at public libraries: NYPL
examples: randolph, roxbury, tunbridge, washington
Jessamyn West is a community technology librarian and the editor of the weblog librarian.net. She teaches email classes for seniors, builds tiny websites for tiny libraries and advocates for sensible technology use for everyone.
IM her at iamthebestartist.
This presentation was created in HTML using CSS. There was no PowerPoint involved in this presentation except as a nagging bad example. The layout and stylesheet are available to borrow via a share and share alike creative commons license. See source code for details. Network image grabbed from Tiger Direct.
slides version | printable version