Jessamyn West -- librarian.net
feb08, McGill University
What do Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 actually mean? We've been working in this "2.0" environment for several years now. Now that we know what some of the applications are let's take a look at how libraries are integrating them into their service delivery. This talk will discuss ways that libraries have been using new technologies, and also some old tech, to reach and interact with patrons in new ways. We'll also discuss the privacy issues that are emerging around the use of social software. It's all about ideas, examples, and links, links, links.
- Pace Library - "Get a Public Library Card"
- Cook Memorial Library, Tamworth NH
- University of Vermont catalog - search for Brautigan
- long ugly link
- Atwater Library catalog search
- Montreal West Children's Library
- Montreal General Hospital Medical Library
- Chelmsford Public Libraries Tech Tools
- Lamson Library catalog Search at Plymouth State
- YacPAC - Cutest OPAC ever
- Southern Connecticut State IM reference
- Facebook groups
- Awesome Resources
- I lived in the basement of McLennan Library for two (or so) years
- Librarians & Facebook
- LoC in Second Life
- LibX - Firefox extension for libraries
- UConn Libraries Staff Wiki
- Nancy Keane's booktalks
- lis.dom usability testing on the cheap!
- Innovative Users Group
- Canadian Sirsi Users' Group
- Ohio State Web Standards
- MIT Web Accessibility Guidelines
- Evergreen Pines project
- Koha Example - CIRC
- Slow Reading - Slow Library
- Helene Blowers Original Learning 2.0 List
Many of these examples came from the Library Success Wiki.
Add your own success stories!
- Why 2.0 exists and why it matters
- Library 2.0 Debased
- Library Journal on Library 2.0 (many examples)
- Top 10 No-Brainers For Public libraries