Future-proofing the library
...through the empowerment divideby Jessamyn West
November 30, 2018
Slides and Notes
- Digital Divide: The 3 Stages
- Twitter A11y hashtag and A11yTalks hashtag
- National Center for Education - Children's Access to and Use of the Internet
- Nearly one-in-five teens can't always finish their homework because of the digital divide
- My privacy talks given at Vermont Libraries
- Tractor engine video!
- A successful library scanathon! (and how they did it), a genealogist scan-a-thon
- Library of Congress personal archiving brochure
- Digitzation in the Real World - "34 cases of digital collection building in libraries, archives, museums, and cultural heritage institutions throughout North America."
- The Theory and Craft of Digital Preservation by Trevor Owens
- The Finding Phineas story and original photo on Flickr.
- Crowdsourcing: Library of Congress, Ornithology - Take Notes from Nature, Battling Birds
- How to Help Someone Use a Computer by Phil Agre
- Who's Not Online and Why
- Digital Readiness Gaps
- Libraries Connect Communities: Public Library Funding & Technology Access Study 2011-2012
- NYPL Tech Guide Handouts
- Four Essentials for Digital Inclusion Efforts