A few stories that I didn’t want to do fill write-ups for, collected using the Fargo ND airport’s free wifi.
- Wanted: detainee librarian, Guantanamo Bay
- “It’s All Acting” T Scott Plutchak discusses being a shy librarian, and why he’s so good in front of crowds as a result.
- “the cultural heritage, the intellectual heritage, of humans … too important to be left to one company” – Google, Privacy and Libraries in the Wall Street Journal
- The SF Maritime Museum is making their library appointment only, starting next week. Why? Budget cuts.
- Delta librarian retires, from a town where 41% of the 40,000 residents can’t read.