Epigram Proposed for the New Library
Something for all, Invention's myriad kinds;
The silent banquet hall of moths and minds.
- by R. T. Kerlin
jan : feb : mar
apr : may : jun
jul : aug
- Chris Dodge, everyone's favorite Street Librarian, will be a featured speaker at the WV Library Association conference in November. [thanks steve]
- Reference question: does anyone know the source of that John Muir quote from 22sep?
- Librarian becomes sex worker, can finally take vacation. [thanks susan]
- Binghamton's central library closing and moving. Old Carnegie building up for grabs?
- Banned Books, weak? [juice]
- Welcome to Banned Books Week. Please leave your copy of Brave New World home from school. Love, the mgt. [thanks dizzycow]
- I do get that ooky feeling when I see that ALA's sample letter that librarians can send to their newspapers has the first two word Harry Potter.
- Is damn really still a curse word? [thanks nina]
- I hear the librarianavengers site is nice, but on my machine, I just get a black page when I try to load it. [thanks katia]
- Map slasher ignores John Muir's advice: "Handle a book as a bee does a flower,
extract its sweetness but do not damage it." [thanks
- "renew your library cards", it's an actor's strike.... [thanks brian]
- Does anyone really need to still be told what Heather Has Two Mommies is about? Judge strikes down local law allowing petitioners to remove "objectionable" books. [thanks jen]
- Virtual Library and Info Science job fair. Free. Post your resume on-line. Please don't forget the ever-excellent lisjobs.com if you're looking. [thanks juanita]
- McSweeney's: "Three of us are lawyers for the United Nations," one of them said, "The other two are a librarian at Columbia University and her friend Tracy.
We are on the prowl for man-flesh!" [thanks celia]
- What fun, find the fake author in the new Oxford Companion to English Literature. Thanks Margaret Drabble, my new folk hero. [libstuff]
- Library Stuff goes live today, linkalicious!
- Library roof leaks for 100 years.
- Meanwhile, the Westfiled library is filled with mold.
- Vote no elitist library bandwagon, say opponents of the new library bond.
- Wired asks "Do you still
need a library card"? [thanks
Sorry librarians. [NYT, thanks
- Dewey Decimal Defeats Truman. This American Life looks at presidential
libraries. [realaudio, thanks
- Spooky Dave
Davis, gone at last. Says my anonymous correspondent "He's a scary
piece of fruit, that's for sure"
- Bookmobile 2000 Scares
Commies, Promotes Literacy. [thanks
- Explore the gritty world of New
York City street booksellers. [thanks
- The British have come out with a coin commemora
ting public libraries. [thanks
- NYPL guild lets you in on what's up
with librarians lobbying for higher pay. [thanks laura]
- Blah blah library blah blah witchcraft bl
Library cart drill team. [thanks
book locating/lending phenomenon known as the Dewey Decimal
enabling users to get access to copyrighted text materials for free --
sent shockwaves through a panicked publishing industry.
- Dave Davis,
Library Digital Archive has some lovely images in it.
- "I've never thought of libraries as the armpits of the workplace."
Donald Gallup, Yale literary bibliographer.
- Has everyone seen the library
ghost cams but me? I think they're